Sherwood FC 2-2 West Bridgford

On a lovely spring like morning Sherwood took on West Bridgford for the second time this season. We had already beaten them this season so expectations were running high.

Sherwood started well with Kel linking well with the midfield and he took a shot that unfortunately went wide. West Bridgford started pressing after that and although our very solid defence of Lewis, Michael, Thomas and Connor stood their ground it wasnā€™t long before they scored their first goal ā€“ 7 minutes in fact.

Sherwood pressed well and started to push forward with several missed chances from Kel and a great run and cross by Alfie but our first goal continued to elude us.  Sherwood continue to look solid in defence but West Bridgford soon made it 2 with some good pressure on our defence.

Sherwood were not taking this lying down and continued to push forward and with a great clearance from Connor the ball fell to Alfie and he scored.  The West Bridgford goal was taking a hammering with Nico hitting the post and then the cross bar with a glorious free kick. The half time whistle blew and although the score showed we were losing 2-1 it was obvious who won the half ā€“ Sherwood.

At half time Neil and Steve made some tactical changes which saw Jack and Luke come on for Tom and Jordan. The second half started as the first half finished with Sherwood in control and dominating the play. So much so that after a minute Kel had equalised and the contest began to hot up. Ryan had control of the midfield for Sherwood but 10 minutes into the second half West Bridgford started to attack and kept Sherwood in their half for long periods. With Brandon coming on for Alfie and Tom replacing Connor the match continued to be toughly fought. With some crunching tackles from Michael and a great pass from Jack, Kel was on to the ball and made a brilliant cross into the box with Brandon just millimetres away from putting it into the net.

In the last few minutes of the game Ryan was defending well when unfortunately he was brought down with an elbow to the face and hit the floor face first but he bravely carried on to finish the match.

It was obvious there were going to be lots of bruises for the Sherwood boys but they battled brilliantly today to a 2-2 draw.


MOM ā€“ Ryan & Michael





Make a Free Website with Yola.